I honestly don’t know where I got the idea for this simple summer dessert—a riff on peaches and cream. We may have had an entire tin of Nyåkers Gingersnaps leftover from Christmas and some ripe peaches to use before they went bad. Maybe I was inspired by some fancy restaurant blowing my mind with sweetened sour cream as the base of a dish?
♥ Related: Fruit Salad with Honey Citrus Vinaigrette
It doesn’t matter, though. It’s a truly perfect dish for peach season, which is always over in a flash. And a flash is all you’ll need to whip this together the moment your peaches hit peak ripeness; literally this dessert takes 3 minutes to pull together.
I love how the sour cream and honey tastes just a bit like rich New York style cheesecake. And the ginger cookies add a bit of crunchy texture—and a touch of warm spice that adds depth.
The recipe below makes enough for one, but is easy to multiply. For a pretty dinner party presentation, dollop the sour cream across a large platter and layer it with sliced peaches and crumbled cookies. Then maybe simply hand everyone a spoon!
♥ Related: Apple Upside-Down Biscuit Cake
Peaches with Honeyed Sour Cream & Ginger Cookies
- 1 peach ripe
- ¼ cup sour cream full fat
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 thin ginger cookies
- Chop your peaches into bite sized chunks.
- In a serving bowl, mix the sour cream and honey together.
- Layer chopped peaches over sour cream mixture.
- Crumble ginger cookies over the peaches.
- This is as sinless as a dessert gets, so please, do use full fat sour cream here. It makes a huge difference in taste and texture.
- Any ginger cookie will do. I like a thin gingersnap for easy crumbling, but use whatever you can get your hands on. Biscoff would be great as would any gingersnap, thick or thin.