These toasty, cheesy, bubbly French onion crostini are simply delicious. Made from my French onion dip recipe and some added cheese, they make a perfect, sophisticated little party hors d’oeuvre.
♥ Related: French Onion Dip from Scratch
These little toasts remind me of the top of French onion soup because of the caramelized onions in the dip and the gruyere cheese mixed in. In fact, I think they’d be excellent floating on top of many different types of soups.
The best part about these crostini is that they are dead easy and quick to make. If you’re making French onion dip for a party or gathering, make a double batch and whip these up as well. I guarantee that your guests will love them.
Not having a party anytime soon; I mean, who is, right? I think these would be a great stay-at-home movie night snack paired with your favorite bottle of sparkling wine or bomber of craft beer!
Watch: How To Make French Onion Dip & Crostini
French Onion Crostini
- ½ cup French onion dip see below for link to recipe
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp grated gruyere cheese
- 12 slices French baguette sliced ½-inch thick
- Turn the oven's broiler on high. If your broiler is at the top of your oven, move a rack to the highest placement in the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix the French onion dip with the cheeses. Stir to combine well.
- Evenly spread among the 12 bread rounds. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil for about 3 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. Keep an eye on these because things in the broiler can go from perfect to burnt very quickly.
This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission on qualified purchases from affiliate links that you click. Affiliate commissions help support this site so that I can keep bringing you great recipes, kitchen hacks, and product reviews.